CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Local governments, major national retailers, a school system and two healthcare systems are among the organizations honored by Duke Energy as 2014 Power Partners.
The winners were chosen based on their commitment to responsible energy use and to creating lasting value for their organizations and the communities they serve.
The 2014 honorees carry on a tradition of creativity and innovation that has been at the core of the Power Partner awards for more than two decades.
Some of the winners have initiated projects that could be national models for energy efficiency. Others have instituted challenges to raise energy efficiency awareness, reduce operational expenses, improve backup power reliability and reward employees' behavioral changes. In every case, these organizations have made impactful changes that translate to energy and money savings.
"Duke Energy is excited to recognize this year's Power Partner award winners," said Joni Davis, vice president, large account management at Duke Energy. "Our 2014 awardees demonstrate once again that organizations of all sizes can be smart energy consumers. We applaud their efforts."
The following companies have been recognized as 2014 Duke Energy Power Partner award winners:
- Apex Tool Group (Sumter, S.C.)
- Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, N.C. and surrounding area)
- CBRE (Greenville, S.C.)
- Cincinnati Financial Corporation (Fairfield, Ohio)
- City of Clearwater (Clearwater, Fla.)
- Fabri-Kal (Greenville, S.C.)
- Greenville County Schools (Greenville, S.C.)
- Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. (Clayton, N.C.)
- Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners (Florida South Coastal Region)
- Sheetz (National account, headquartered in Pennsylvania)
- TJX Companies, Inc. (National account, headquartered in Massachusetts)
- Unilever Raeford, N.C. plant (Manufacturing site for Degree, Axe and Suave deodorants and body wash)
- Union Hospital (Terre Haute, Ind.)
Duke Energy established the Power Partner awards in 1992 to recognize businesses that achieve exemplary results in energy efficiency, sustainability and business growth. The 2014 Power Partner winners will be recognized at individual award ceremonies this winter.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at: www.duke-energy.com.