CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Hosted by Duke Energy, illumination.duke-energy.com is a new online destination for feature stories, expert advice and insights about energy.
The website showcases stories about remarkable people, innovations, and community and environmental issues. It also offers glimpses into the past and perspectives on the future of energy.
"We will provide customers with advice on how to save energy and money, insight into new trends and give them a behind-the-scenes view of the people who keep the lights on at the nation's largest utility," said Selim Bingol, Duke Energy senior vice president and chief communications officer.
Among the stories you'll find on illumination right now:
- Old coal-fired power plants come crashing down in a video montage set to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.
- A millennial shares his perspective on how man-made light dims our view of the stars.
- A North Carolina couple is on a crusade to preserve the memories of a now-vanished village that sprang up in the 1940s beside a power plant.
- A Duke Energy environmental director is a national leader in devising ways to prevent wind turbines from accidentally killing bats.
- An Electric Power Research Institute technologist explores trends and breakthroughs that are transforming the energy sector.
- Energy efficiency experts unravel the mysteries of modern lighting for your home.
Media outlets are welcome to republish, with attribution, any content on illumination.duke-energy.com, including stories, photos, videos and infographics. (Duke Energy also hosts a multimedia News Center for journalists.)
About Duke Energy
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at: www.duke-energy.com.
Duke Energy Contact: Greg Efthimiou